- 09 May 2016
A mass and militant surprise protest was organized outside the Prime Minister’s residence in the evening of Thursday 5/5 by the forces of PAME. Despite the draconian security measures, workers from dozens of unions rallied in PAME reached the Prime Minister’s Official Residence at 7 PM, unfurled a banner and made it clear to the government and employers that they would impede their plans.
For over two hours, dozens of PAME’s protesters with their slogans sent a message for a general workers’ uprising against the law-guillotine for the social security system and the new barbaric anti-people tax law.
- 09 May 2016
- 09 May 2016
The World Federation of Democratic Youth (WFDY) greets the strike mobilizations throughout Greece!
On May 7th and 8th the government of SYRIZA-ANEL in Greece aims, through fast-track procedures, to pass a guillotine-law that eliminates what remains from one of the workers’ biggest conquests during the 20th century: Social Security and Healthcare, it crashes the pensions and increases the taxation of the people. There are additional charges onto the backs of the Greek people, that are added to the anti-popular measures taken the last years and sealed by the third memorandum signed between the Greek government, the EU, the ECB and the IMF during last summer.
- 22 April 2016
The 3rd National Student Competition of Research Project of KNE and ''Odigitis'' is in progress. It is an event that in the past two years has given a true wealth of student creation, concern and highlighting of issues that interest the students. That is outstanding due to collectivity which it promotes, its content, but also the spreading of the students' work at the school, the neighborhood, the city.
For this year's competition the slogan "Study, but have the eyes of your soul in life alert and open ‘‘ (D.Glinos, communist educator) was chosen. Through this concept, students approached the topic they chose among six.
Question of the ΚΚΕ Delegation in the European Parliament regarding the new persecution against young communists in Serbia
- 22 March 2016
The MEP of the KKE, Sotiris Zarianopoulos, denounced the persecution against the Communist Youth of Yugoslavia (SKOJ), the youth organization of the New Communist Party of Yugoslavia (NKPJ), with a question to the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, F. Mogherini. The MEP of the KKE stressed the following in his question:
"There is an increase in the persecution of young communists in Serbia, members of the Communist Youth of Yugoslavia (SKOJ), the youth organization of the New Communist Party of Yugoslavia (NKPJ).
- 09 March 2016
Statement of the Press Office of the Central Council of KNE
Hands off the young Communists in Serbia!
We denounce the anticommunist persecutions against young communists in Serbia,
members of the League of Communist Youth of Yugoslavia (SKOJ), the Youth of the New Communist Party of Yugoslavia (NKPJ). Specifically:
- On February 23 during a lecture of Michael Davenport, Head of the EU’s Commission in Serbia, at the department of Political Sciences Faculty of the university of Belgrade, members of SKOJ who were at the amphitheater, seated at their positions without attacking anyone, confronted verbally the cadre of the wolf-alliance, stating that EU officials are undesirable in the universities of the country, that they disagree with the effort of the bourgeois parties to adapt the education to the EU directions, that the people and the youth of Serbia are aware of the "EU's democratic values".
- 16 February 2016
Thousands of farmers flooded the centre of Athens, outside the Parliament building, on the 12th and 13th of February. The farmers are waging a struggle of economic survival and for over 20 days and nights have set up roadblocks at around 100 points on the national highways. At the initiative of 68 roadblocks, a decision was taken to hold a national farmers' demonstration in Syntagma Square in Athens.
It was decided to hold a demonstration as the next step to escalate the struggle of the small and medium farmers, in a meeting held a week ago in Nikaia, Larisa, where it was also decided to maintain and reinforce the roadblocks, to intensify their local activity, to reject every attempt by the government to set up a dialogue in order to manipulate the farmers' struggle without taking back any of the measures that are driving the small and medium farmers off the land.
Tens of thousands of farmers reached Athens by coach and ferry to demonstrate, while those gathered enthusiastically welcomed a symbolic number of 18 tractors, which had set out a day earlier from the country's biggest roadblock on the national highway at Nikaia (Larisa).The tractors that arrived after a 14 hour journey were bedecked with flags depicting Marinos Antypas (1872-1907), the socialist revolutionary who was murdered by the big landowners.
- 09 February 2016
The largest strike mobilization of recent years was held on 4/2/2016. Thousands of people, workers, farmers, self-employed, students and school-students, filled the streets of all the country's major cities, with as their central demand the withdrawal of the SYRIZA-ANEL government's draft law for the social security system.
This law has been characterized as a "law-guillotine", as it reduces pensions, increases the social security contributions of the workers, reduces state spending on the public system of health and welfare and increases the retirement age.
- 01 February 2016
Fundraising Campaign December 2015 – January 2016
All in the battle of overlap!
This is the second month of the 2 – month Fundraising Campaign with the nationwide rate of KNE reaching the103.46% of the plan (according to the data published at Rizospastis on the 27th of January).
- 01 February 2016
in vocational , training and apprenticeship schools
all of us live and know what abandonment and degradation means, problems during internship, exploitation in workplace, poverty at home. There are a lot of us. If all of us unite and struggle we are a massive force. Along with our colleagues from the first day of school and work can stand with our heads up. Because we have the right to learn, we have the right to an internship, to a job, to a payment, to a dignified life.
- Rupture and conflict with capital and its power
- Students' Struggle Front (MAS) at Ministry of Labor
- Speech of KNE at the 19th General Assembly of WFDY
- Discurso del KNE en la 19a Asamblea General de la FMJD
- Young communists in Greece express their solidarity with refugees
- Students Struggle Front (MAS): The 6th Nationwide Meeting, held on Sunday 22/11 in Athens was successfully completed with a massive participation.
- Frente Militante de Estudiantes (MAS): La sexta Reunión Nacional, que se celebró el domingo 22/11 en Atenas se completó con éxito y con una participación masiva.
- 42 YEARS AFTER THE POLYTECHNIC UPRISING: A large march to the US embassy with a clear message for disengagement from the imperialist plans
- 42 años después de la revuelta de la Escuela Politécnica: Una gran marcha tuvo lugar hacia la embajada de EE.UU. con un claro mensaje para la retirada de los planes imperialistas
- Strike surge